Citylife is a magazine which is produced twice yearly by Newcastle City Council and contains useful information for all residents of Newcastle upon Tyne.
We have summarised below a small selection of articles from the latest edition. You can access the full magazine online by clicking on the link below.
Citylife magazine Winter 2018 (please note that at time of writing there was no link to the electronic version; however, the relevant page can be accessed by clicking City Life magazine)
- page 5 the World Transplant Games are coming to Newcastle and Gateshead in August 2019. There are opportunities for volunteers;
- page 7 details of work being carried out on the Civic Centre building;
- pages 8-9 read about how Newcastle City Council plans to spend its money with the 2019-2022 draft three-year plan. Page 10 explains how you can have your say on the plan;
- page 18 look at how the Connexion team is supporting young people with learning difficulties and disabilities into employment;
- page 19 details of a recruitment drive for adult social carers to support some of the city’s most vulnerable adults;
- page 21 could you save money on your gas and electricity?;
- pages 22-23 Christmas activities in Newcastle;
- page 26 how the council deals with household waste;
- pages 30-33 looking after your health this Winter;
- pages 34-35 have your say on proposed changes to Licensing Private Rental Homes in Newcastle;
- pages 36-37 building better homes for the future.
- pages 6-7 details of Newcastle City Council Budget 2018-19. The budget is designed to shield the most vulnerable and grow our economy;
- pages 12-14 latest advice on making our city clean and recycling our waste materials. There’s also an article on page 27 on air pollution;
- pages 20-21 the Great Exhibition of the North will start on 22 June. There will be a programme of free events across the city. There is a need for volunteers; applications are now open;
- page 29 news on the Newcastle Street Charter, which tackles the issue of street clutter, with the aim of making our city more accessible for everyone;
- page 30 an article on supported housing;
- pages 36-37 looking after your health.